In our recent poll (N=239) no political self descriptor garnered more than 17%, which was the percent who chose the broad point of view being promoted by the IEET, “technoprogressive.” But another 45% chose other left-of-center terms for a total of 62% broadly on the Left.
About one in ten described themselves as “US-style libertarians,” “EuroLiberals” or “Objectivists.” About one in four chose something else, from “moderate” to “Friendly AI as singleton.”
Notably, with all these options, 9% were still “Other.” Some of those are probably Pirates, aargh!
In recognition of the likely abrogation of the US Affordable Healthcare Act (aka Obamacare) this week by the US Supreme Court, our poll question this week is:
What is the ideal health insurance model?
- Individuals left to purchase private health insurance without government assistance
- Government provides health insurance only for the poor and elderly
- Government provides universal vouchers to purchase private health insurance
- Government provides universal health insurance, does not own hospitals or employ healthcare workers
- Government provides universal health insurance, owns hospitals and employs health care workers