Give us your best guess about the state of the world in the year 2099.
We’ve posted a new IEET poll, asking our readers to look ahead nine decades and try to make an informed guess about what the world will look like at the end of this century.
Here are the options from which you can choose (multiple answers are accepted, and you can also “write in” your own statement):
- Utopia! A post-scarcity society basking in freedom and prosperity.
- Posthumans will dominate, with unenhanced humans a tiny minority.
- Considerable off-Earth expansion, enabled by nanotech and biotech.
- Ups and downs along the way, but overall about the same.
- Much worse than today due to climate chaos and environmental collapse.
- Near or total destruction of civilization from all-out warfare.
- Humanity enslaved by a totalitarian global government.
- Superintelligent AI will usher in a Singularity and all bets are off.
So, what do you think we can expect?